For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why you like short course trucks?

Discussion in 'General R/C Discussion' started by AERacer, Jun 12, 2012.

1. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

Since the last few years, short course trucks have been really popular on and off the race tracks. I like how they look and how they handle but I hate all the dirt that gets stuck in the chassis due to the closed wheels.

You?

2. LeeSc10

LeeSc10 Well-Known Member

I like how they look. It's one of the more popular classes at my track. And with me just getting back into the hobby I took the advice from my buddy on what to get. Haven't really had a chance to race it yet. But have been to a few practices and like the way they handle so far.

3. mikey

mikey Well-Known Member Factory Member

like the realism the truck brings to the track but like you I am not a fan of dirt in the chassis.

4. tmail61

tmail61 Well-Known Member Factory Member

When the first "Slash" showed up at the track I raced at on Sep/Oct 08 most of us LAUGH at the guy!!!!

30 days later most of us had one!!! :D

1. They look more REAL
    2. They handle better.
    3. I CAN SEE THEM ON THE BACK SIDE OF THE TRACK!!!!! :cool:

5. mikey

That's the most important thing, to be able to see them Rev. :D

6. mikey

The Corr truck has really grown on me, after I bought Alex ( my 7 year old ) one; yes I know it's a Losi, please forgive me ) The truck is really almost indestructible, he has hit the wall at www.dixonsrcraceway.com very hard and the truck just comes back for more. I thought where it was a Losi he would've already broken it but I was wrong. The only problem with the truck is the front steering ball cups kept popping off, so I took and fixed that problem permanently; I put Associated GT2 captured ends on it. That stopped the ball cups from popping off...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member

My Factory Team SC10 is the very first rccar I have ever driven or owned and it is so much fun to drive and race. I say that and it being my first vehicle I didn't have much to compare it to so I bought a RC8.2e and the difference in driving was amazing. While I love the way the 1:8 scale performs My SC10 is much more of a challenge, for me, to get around the track and I like the challenge. Plus all of what tmail61 said.

8. Jessica @ Pro-Line

Jessica @ Pro-Line Active Member

I like SC trucks because they were completely new to the industry, they are affordable (at least the 2wd Slash is), they are easy to use out of the box, and Pro-Line makes a TON of parts to make them fast (if that's something you are into). My 10year old has one and he LOVES it! You can race them, you can bash them, you can have a good time.

9. tmail61

tmail61 Well-Known Member Factory Member

Come on Jessica your NOT old enough to have a 10 year old!!!! :)

But I don't look old enough to have grand kids who are having kids!!!!!

Jessica @ Pro-Line likes this.
  10. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

Don't tell anyone but I finally opened my SC10 box, SC10 was sitting in the basement since last year.

I ordered few parts for the trucks but forgot the 12mm hex conversion.... :(

11. LeeSc10

LeeSc10 Well-Known Member

What kind of parts did you get?