For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel Spacer

Discussion in 'Suspension and Shocks Section' started by tmail61, Jun 3, 2012.

1. tmail61

tmail61 Well-Known Member Factory Member

Did not like the way the rear wheels bolted on my SC10, they had a wobble some times.

Just happen to have a extra set of 9608 wheel spacers, these are used between the axle pin and the rear hub bearing.

After placing the wheel on the axle I put one of these spacers than the nut, for a larger surface contact area. Now the wheel is sandwiched between to equal sized spacers, no wheel wobble.

===

I'm doing this with my T4 now, so the pins don't rip out the rims!

2. Martijn

Martijn Well-Known Member

Friend of my had to put 6 shims on both sides. Also on a SC10..

3. Madmac1290

Madmac1290 Well-Known Member Factory Member

Well I have a somewhat the same problem but for different reasons. I put a set of hex adaptors on my T4.1 so I could run hex wheels. I now have wobble and less threads to screw on the wheel nut. Not too happy with this setup. Got to be a better way.

4. eddiesi78

eddiesi78 Well-Known Member

I dont like the spacers,my rear tire would barely move like it was caught on something and tire wouldnt slide in the right way,when i noticed a week later the spacer had gotten stuck in the plastic hex adapter which was causing the tire not to slide in position and also jamming the wheel.now i have FT hex adapter,i refuse to use the plasic hex adapter

5. eddiesi78

eddiesi78 Well-Known Member

Hey tmail thanks for the idea,im gonna try that!