• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What's your occupation?

LeeSc10

As the title says....

I'm a CDL truck driver and heavy equipment operater. I work at a coal facility that delivers coal to area factories.
Here is what I drive...

NioNai

That is cool NioNai. But what is it?
A floating causeway, Its made of individual crafts connected with "flexors" to keep them together, its pretty much a giant ocean bridge, that is anchored down and connected to the beach at the front allowing vehicles to be transported from a amphib ship out at see to shore. I also work with ABLTS " Amphibious Bulk Liquid Transfer System" which is to transport fuel and water from a ship to a temporary shore command.

In the image I posted first, the 3 crafts with the A-frame are warping tugs and used for picking things up and transporting them about. usually placing anchors and "rescuing" of other crafts. The hard to see one in the middle of the first 2 is a power mod, Its pretty much the beast of the group and does all the grunt work by pushing and pulling everything into place.

We also do support groups here at the base and create temporary bases, bridges, and can builds houses and schools for charities. I've not gotten to do the last 2 though.

The second image here is actually the old models, which really aren't used for anything but the schools anymore.

Jeff_Iowa25s

I work for a sports lighting company. We just lit the new rc track in Chico,CA at A Main Hobbies. Anytime you watch nascar races or other sporting events most of time that's our lights.We also light the Olympics. We manufacture everything but the light bulbs themselves. Its a very rewarding job that lets me take time off to go RC racing. :)

AERacer

Administrator
Staff member
Factory Member
I work for a sports lighting company. We just lit the new rc track in Chico,CA at A Main Hobbies. Anytime you watch nascar races or other sporting events most of time that's our lights.We also light the Olympics. We manufacture everything but the light bulbs themselves. Its a very rewarding job that lets me take time off to go RC racing. :)
That's a really cool job :)

Jeff_Iowa25s

That's a really cool job :)
Yes it is. My first project was the New York Mets Stadium. I am hopeing for more business from RC tracks. It's what I am interested in the most and love working on them. I talk about it all the time. I talk a lot about Team Associated and always wear my AE gear to work. lol

Bubba Boggs

Factory Member
If im right Jeff thats based out of Osky... If so i know what it is. LOL

Jeff_Iowa25s

yep based out of osky. Manufacturing is located in Muscatine.

Bubba Boggs

Factory Member
Kewl... I my self am Quality Tech at Pella Corp. Its a long drive from ottumwa but fun job.

crawlin

i do refuel outages and spent fuel storage projects at nuclear power stations. every thing from video inspections of reactors to rigging huge spent fuel canisters that weigh almost 300,000 lbs. i have driven a remote control sub with a video camera on it i a nuclear reactor and i was chosen to be the one that got to do it because my boss knew i had rc trucks

AERacer

Administrator
Staff member
Factory Member
i do refuel outages and spent fuel storage projects at nuclear power stations. every thing from video inspections of reactors to rigging huge spent fuel canisters that weigh almost 300,000 lbs. i have driven a remote control sub with a video camera on it i a nuclear reactor and i was chosen to be the one that got to do it because my boss knew i had rc trucks
Not sure I'd like to do you job but it sounds COOL :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Screwie louie