• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What tires do you use on your 1/8 buggy?

mikey

Factory Member
I like HB's Megabites, they really hook up on our track.

mikey

Factory Member
I like HB's Megabites, they really hook up on our track.
I have a new set of Hole-shots 2.0 I've been dying to try, I also have a new set of Snipers that I would like to try as well, oh race day today, but I have my son's birthday is today. I would rather celebrate Alex's birthday... HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX !
There's always next week to race, birthday's happen once a year.
Does anyone know if Randy's in Somerset, KY runs every weekend ? Just let me know here...

mikey

Factory Member

AERacer

Administrator
Staff member
Factory Member
My top choices are for 1/8 buggy and for anything 1/10

1) Pro-Line Calibers M3
2) Pro-Line BowTie M3
3) Pro-Line Crime Fighter (I know there are old but still work well)

All mounted on PL Velocity V2 wheels with closed cell foam.

Grant

right now on my 1:8: AKA Wishbones indoor AKA Impacts and AKA Gridirons outdoor

mikey

Factory Member
now at Randy's track, Revolvers hooked up really well. Brian, the guy that helped me tune my motor, drove my buggy for about 5 minutes and he was surprised how well it was hooking up, he said "I wouldn't change anything, this car is Dialed !"

mikey

Factory Member
Revolver V2 ??

I'm curious... Do you have a pic of the track surface?
no I'm sorry I don't but it was packed in red clay, I still haven't cleaned up my buggy; it still has the red dirt all over it...:mad-32:
I've got to get it cleaned up today, I'm so ashamed I brought it home that way ...:oops:

mikey

Factory Member

mikey

Factory Member
Good tire choice... Unfortunately, there is no red clay track around here :(
I had to drive 140 miles to find the red clay track, let's just say I won't be going back soon if you know what I mean. I had to change air filters after every run ! Unless there is a "BIG" race at Randy's I will not return. Now I know why my buggy was the ONLY gas powered car there, it's impossible to keep the red dust off of the air filter...:mad:

william noble

Factory Member
oops its an indoor race like the ams race judging from pics i found its a semi packed track with loose soil or fluff