For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the MAH/C recomended for Touring Cars

Discussion in 'Batteries - ESCs - Motors Section' started by ucl, Jul 15, 2012.

1. ucl

ucl Active Member

What is minimum C rating for 17.5 Touring car I origanally bought Bats with a 20c rating and my car was ok I was lent 40c batteries by our local sponsered driver. My car was 1/2 sec faster a lap and needed a setup change and change in driving style pushed on power. Now I bought some 50c batteries I havent tried them yet but I will need a setup change do you have a suggestions?

2. Rick Hohwart

Rick Hohwart Member Factory Member

To really be competitive you are going to want fresh, high C rating batteries. C ratings themselves are not really reliable to I would stick with a trustworthy brand and see what the factory guys are running. The AE/Reedy team drivers use the #601 6500 mAh 65C battery for all classes.

Generally you don't need to change anything when going to higher output batteries.