For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What has been your first R/C car?

Discussion in 'General R/C Discussion' started by AERacer, May 31, 2012.

1. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

What has been your first R/C car?

2. tmail61

tmail61 Well-Known Member Factory Member

Top Poster Of Month

RC10B3, my brother gave this to me, complete with tools, batteries, charger, wheels and extra parts March 2004.

3. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

rc10t_6.jpg rc10t_7.jpg rc10t_8.jpg rc10t_9.jpg rc10t_1.jpg
    Mine was a RC10T in the early 90s. I still have it

rc10t_1.jpg rc10t_6.jpg rc10t_7.jpg rc10t_8.jpg rc10t_9.jpg

Martijn likes this.
  4. mikey

mikey Well-Known Member Factory Member

My first car was a Traxxas Radicator in the fall of 1991, I loved that car. I bought a Pocket Rocket motor for it, I believe it was a 14 turn mod. motor. Do you all remember Twister ? I bought all my motors from them, Carolina Mountain Motor 13x2 was my favorite. To be a 13 turn motor it was fast, faster than any motor I had at the time. Then I bought a Sling Shot, it was a 4WD rally car by Kyosho. I put on road tires on it and raced it early spring 1992. I won my first race by driving slow and not wrecking, it was so funny all the other cars were crashing and here I come along just like taking a cruise. I still have the trophy for that race.

5. fluke

fluke Well-Known Member

duratrax evader st. hated it but loved the hobby so much i held on

6. mikey

mikey Well-Known Member Factory Member

I had a friend that had one of those, he broke everything on the front end. Instead of waiting for Duratrax to replace all the parts he bought them and it cost him a lot of $$$.

7. LeeSc10

LeeSc10 Well-Known Member

I think my first R/C was a Traxxas Hawk in the late 90's. Then I had a Team Associated RC10t and buggy. Then I had an 1/8 scale Ofna Tempo nitro car. Then I was out of R/C till just a few months ago when I got my SC10 2wd. It's a blast too. Now I am wanting to get another one. Looking at the T4 or a Sc10 4x4.

8. GreenHell

GreenHell Member

RC10 ~ 1985.

I still have it,... awaiting resto.

9. Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic Member

Tamiya Falcon, used that in my first race, and I have been racing ever since. Still have it too!

10. Ryan

Ryan Member

RC10T...I got it used model was around 1991-1993 I guess. My first new car was the RC10T2. The RC10T2 was an awesome car and in fact the locals let me race it in the car class when we had a shortage of mod buggy.

11. dirtracer68

dirtracer68 Member

Standard RC10 in the late 80's early 90's. It was a black aluminum chassis with the front downtubes. I converted it to a dirt oval car that I raced at places like Wellsville & Lemoyne, Pa. I was fortunate to start my racing career against the likes of Rob Cutman (Current manager of Custom Works), Brian Landgraff ( Previous owner of Custom Works), Brian Breckinridge ( multiple dirt oval championships), and Tony Stewart (3 time Nascar champ & current owner of Custom Works)...wow! I learned fast how to race and promote rc racing.

12. NioNai

NioNai Well-Known Member

A used HPI-E10. Last maybe a week before both diffs got striped thanks a buddy of mine slamming his VXL into it, didn't even bother to salvage it, threw it out and got the SC10, I feel kinda stupid now because I could have at least used it for some parts or even just messed around with it like I do my extra helicopters.

13. walking wounded

walking wounded Well-Known Member

My first was a tamiya sand scorcher, like 1977 or 78 I believe.

14. walking wounded

walking wounded Well-Known Member

I built the leopard tank that same year, the tracks took forever to assemble. The new version comes with the tracks pre assembled.

15. Martijn

Martijn Well-Known Member

My first Toy/RC car was a Nikko I was 8 years or so..
    The Tamiya M-03M Suzuki Swift, after that I think I bought a HPI Savage X 4.6, after that a B4 RS then serval B4 FTs
    Also a RC18T and RC12R5 eumh and then a B4.1 FT wich I'm still driving :D

16. OldGuydust

OldGuydust Member

In 1986, Tamiya hot shot!! loved it with a 7 cell nimh and a 550 with caps soldered in lol.... it ripped!!!! controlled by a Magnum Jr. 76Mhz crystal radio..

17. ABN Hoosier

ABN Hoosier Well-Known Member

TraxxAss REVO. Saw this video about 6 years ago and had to have one! Started out bashing, evolved into racing. Dropped major coin on the REVO and finally came to the realization it was time to get a Truggy....

Here's the video:

18. mustang347

mustang347 Member

On original gold chassis RC10 back in 1988 (as my first real hobby grade RC car). I still have it, but it needs a restoration badly. I do have a friends gold chassis RC10 that is mint, never been driven. I keep trying to buy it from him but he keeps stalling. Possession is 9/10ths of the law right?!

19. Alvaro

Alvaro Member

Hi

my first trip to USA was on 1985, and in that ocasion my father bought me a Tamiya Hornet, what a great memories :)

20. Dave Mills

Dave Mills Active Member

Jet hopper got me started. First real car back in the late 80s was a hornet. Went thru supershot, grasshopper etc. First decent racecar was a schumacher cat..short wheel base. Then a coupla long wheel base ones. Had the old wild willy, few other fun ones that mates didnt want, id buy em, fix em up. Then the rc10 graphite...fave car! Won alotta races with that thing. Then raced road for years with few yokomos. Just coming back to sport...again! Oh how things change! Now racing rc8.2e, and ths year the b44.2 thats almost ready. Kids will be racing b4.1 and t4.1.....love my associateds!!!!