For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does 4k diff oil in rear do compared to 3k diff oil in rear ?

Discussion in 'RC8Te / RC8T3e' started by RC8TE man, Jun 6, 2012.

1. RC8TE man

RC8TE man Well-Known Member

Im wondering if anybody has tried a 7,10,4 diff setup before on their electric RC8T ? What does the 4K in the rear diff do compared to a 3k or 5k in the rear diff. ?

2. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

Usually thinner rear diff oil increases overall steering. Thicker rear diff oil will increase straight acceleration and can make rear end harder to control if too thick.

You use 10k in the center diff. If you play with center diff thickness, you'll notice a direct effect on the rear diff. Going with thinner center fluid will transfer less power to the rear diff and this will help if you have on-power issues like over steering or excessive tail fishing.

3. RC8TE man

RC8TE man Well-Known Member

Hum ok thanks . Yea i have to run heavyer than the 7k in the center diff for one because of the torque the big brushless motors have on the 1/8 scales and the big tires on the truggy also. The 7k works pretty good on a rough track and it is easier to drive but coming out of the corners the power is to soft to me and i had to change the oil faster with the 7k because it burned up faster . So yea im using 10k and its much better and last longer ! Im guessing 4k has a handling like between 3k and 5k. I do fishtail a little bit and oversteer but that could be me just going to fast coming of the corners you know lol.

Im working on somethings to make the 3k in the rear to not lose traction at times .

4. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

Let me know if you try different rear diff setups, I'm curious to know