For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tower Pro MG995...

Discussion in 'Radios and Servos Section' started by mikey, Jun 21, 2012.

1. mikey

mikey Well-Known Member Factory Member

[​IMG]

I don't know if these are good servos or not but for $16.99 for 4 servos plus $17 dollars for shipping I took a chance.
    So far so good on my GT2 (soon to be a SC10GT) they seen as fast as my Airtronics 358's and that's not at all bad.
    here's the spec's...
    -Dimensions: 1.57" x 0.79" x 1.44" (40 x 20 x 36.5mm)
    -Weight: 1.78oz / 48g (Servo Net Weight Only) Operating Speed (4.8V no load) : 0.17sec / 60 degrees
    -Operating Speed (6.0V no load) : 0.13sec / 60 degrees
    -Stall Torque (4.8V): (13kg/cm) (180oz/in.)
    -Stall Torque (6.0V): (15kg/cm) (208oz/in.)
    -Temperature Range: -30 to +60 Degree C
    -Dead Band Width: 4usec
    -Operation Voltage: 3.5 - 8.4Volts
    I wouldn't try these out on a 1/8Th scale until we put them through the rigors of 1/10 gas truck.
    Stay tuned...

2. mikey

They didn't serve as servos should, cheap junk ! I lost two last night before I even started practice, cheap garbage; do not buy !

LeeSc10 likes this.
  3. LeeSc10

LeeSc10 Well-Known Member

Good to know.

mikey likes this.
  4. ucl

ucl Active Member

I 've broken 2 of them they were sold at hobbyking a few years ago for $10 a pair. They are too slow for racing.
    I have an Associate servo in my car hi torque and super fast for 80 buck.s it was well worth it.

mikey likes this.
  5. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

They remember me Bluebird servos

mikey likes this.
  6. mikey

hey AERacer, I lost one of those Blue Bird servos back in 2007. I don't remember which one it was but I do remember the glitches it gave my radio system, I thought it was someone on my frequencey, turned out to be the servo. It was fast for a throttle servo and metal geared. But after 2 races (6 heats and the mains) it fried !
    I never bought a Blue Bird since and now I'll never buy Tower Pro again ! For $17.99 plus $16 shipping for 4 of them I should have known better but we live by doing and I got burnt this time. I'll think I will stay with Associated XP servo's, for the money you can't beat them and they are reliable or maybe Savox, they are priced about the same as XP's and they are great. I have one in my buggy for the throttle / brake duties and it works very good so far...:ninja: