For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The very first Team Associated RC10 2wd electric buggy

Discussion in 'RC10 / B2 / B3 / B4.x / B5 / B5M / B6 / B6D' started by AERacer, Jun 4, 2012.

1. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

The Team Associated RC10 buggy is really the vehicle that launched RC racing in many areas not to say in many countries. This was back in the mid 80s. At this time, Team Associated was known for their IFMAR World Champion RC100 and RC12i cars.
    [​IMG]
    In 1985, Roger Curtis designed the most successful 1/10 off-road car of all the time…. The Team Associated RC10. In 1985, the RC10 finished 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at the first-ever 1:10 Off Road IFMAR World Championships. Since then, the RC10 has been raced by thousands of people around the world. Twenty-six years later, the Associated’s electric 2wd buggy has changed but it still have all the race winning DNA of its predecessors. Their latest buggy, the RC10B4.1, is one of the best electric 2wd buggy on the market. In fact. out of the 26 IFMAR World Championships won by Team Associated, eleven were with their 2wd electric buggies (RC10, RC10B2, RC10B3, RC10B4 and RC10B4.1)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On Team Associated’s web site, I’ve found some nice pictures of the very first RC10 hand built by Curtis Husting. You can find many others pictures, informations, manuals and setup sheets by following this link http://www.teamassociated.com/cars_and_trucks/RC10/
    Thanks to AE for letting me use those pictures.

2. Dave Mills

Dave Mills Active Member

Wow! Look like hornet.front rims! Used ta own the graphite before the stealth transmission came out, loved that car!