For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TC6 / TC6.1 Comparison

Discussion in 'TC3 / TC4 / Club Racer / TC5 / TC6 / TC7.x' started by Zaphod, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Zaphod

Zaphod Member

I've got a TC6 that I use for Vintage and sometimes touring (so either 17.5 or 21.5 blinky). If you went to the last IIC you probably passed me - damn near everyone did. I was just wondering if the improvements in the 6.1 make a lot of difference to the driveability of the car.
    I could see the improved roll control making a difference. Were there other improvements that make it worth updating? Is there a way to make just the anti-roll update?

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member Factory Member

Yes you can put the 6.1 roll bar setup on the 6. Get 2 of the part number 31362 everything you need is in the package.

[​IMG]

3. JAKEY_AE

JAKEY_AE Member

I believe that the TC6 has softer suspension arms which makes the car softer, but all the carbon and alloy bits are exactly the same.

4. jhunt12

jhunt12 Active Member

the .1 has all new arms, the new offsets for arm mounts, new hub sizes (to accept 10x5 bearings, much more durable) and now it has smaller axles that make the drive train lighter.
    I updated mine slowly and overall it was worth it i believe.
    Jason