For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swing rack on the RC8TCE

Discussion in 'RC8T / RC8T3' started by RC8TE man, Sep 3, 2012.

1. RC8TE man

RC8TE man Well-Known Member

I bought a bag of parts from a racer and i have all the nuts and bolts for it and im wondering do i really need the ballstud washer ? Can i just install the rack without the ballstud washer and just the bolt though the knuckle like stock ?

mikey likes this.
  2. RC8TE man

?

mikey likes this.
  3. ABN Hoosier

ABN Hoosier Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you are asking? Are you referring to the ballstud that connects to the steering link and knuckle? The washer from what I understand is to adjust bump steer. So adding them would affect the bump steering. This pic is from the old RC8B...

[​IMG]

mikey likes this.
  4. RC8TE man

The ball stud that connects to the steering knuckle like in the pic looks like i dont really need it on my RC8TCE . How does the swing rack work on a smooth sweeping track ?

mikey likes this.
  5. ABN Hoosier

ABN Hoosier Well-Known Member

To me, and this is just me, I like it better. It doesn't feel as twitchy and it seems smoother to me. Let me know how you like it.

mikey likes this.