For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shock Bushings

Discussion in 'For Sale or Trade' started by JBol10, Jun 29, 2012.

1. JBol10

JBol10 Active Member

Hi everyone. Im new here but use to post on the old b4 forums back in the day.

I came out with a product I have launched for AE shocks. Its a real shock bushing. The stock bushing has over .030 clearance between it and the shock shaft. This lets the shock shaft move side to side as the orings are left to do the job of guiding and holding the shaft. Secondly the bushing I have is very slick. This might not seam like a big deal but it really does make a difference on the track.

Site is www.factoryone-rc.com Sorry about my self promotion but just trying to start something.

Like your site by the way and will tell others about it!

John Bolten

2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member Factory Member

Hi JBol10,

Thanks for registering the forum, I moved your thread to the sell section. To keep forum clean, please no advertising outside the for sale section.

Thanks

3. JBol10

JBol10 Active Member

Ok.. Thanks for the update move. I'd put it in the shock section because it was about shocks...

4. Blake Lirette

Blake Lirette Member

These bushings work. Made my buggy more consistent and faster.

5. walking wounded

walking wounded Well-Known Member

anything for 1/8 big bore
    shocks in the works?

6. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

I use the bushings on my SC10.2.......... Super Smooth :)

7. JBol10

JBol10 Active Member

Thanks for the good word! In stock and ready to ship! TLR added machined bushings to the 22.2 and they are pushing the fact. Add these to your AE Car and you have not only the advantage CNC machined bushings but they are made from a much superior material for the smoothest operation possible!

8. AERacer

Sorry if I seemed rude with you on your first post. I didn't know at this time that you were a great guy :)

9. Fyrmed2

Fyrmed2 Well-Known Member

Just got mine in the mail yesterday for Sc10.2 will let you know how it goes! :)

10. JBol10

JBol10 Active Member

Its all cool... Didnt know where to post my thread... LOL Hope you like your shocks with the kits installed. Been big here of coarse. But word is spreading as more people try them. Some are not willing to tell others because they feel they have an advantage by keeping to themselves...LOL

AERacer likes this.
  11. Martijn

Martijn Well-Known Member

How long do they actually last. I find when I race (dusty) dirt/dust gets inside the bushing, this results in a not as smooth shock. Or should I just rebuild them more? I just ran the car for 1 practice day..

12. Blake Lirette

Blake Lirette Member

I've been a customer since the beginning and while I don't have the original buggy I installed the kit in I have a truck that has the V1/2 bushings in them and they are going on a year. Every so often I replace the o-rings and its all good. With all of the stupid "needed" stuff I have bought this upgrade has made the most sense. It also has been the single biggest performance upgrade I've made to my AE rides.
    Blake

13. JBol10

JBol10 Active Member

The lower bushing takes the brunt of the grime and if run in extreme conditions will effect shock performance. The is true for all RC shocks by the way.

As for how long they last. That again is subject to many things. One of the AE guys here put a set through 9 months of racing.after chatting with him I told him it was time to install new. Again the lower bushing showed most of the wear. Every 6 months would be a good schedule for replacing the bushings.

14. JBol10

JBol10 Active Member

FactoryOne Equipped cars did well at the 2013 Short Course Showdown Finals at the HobbyPlex this past weekend
    Dave Duncan TQ'd and took the win in Stock SCT then went on to finish 3rd in SCB
    Will Brinton took 2nd in SCB
    David Fast took home 7th in SCB and 8th in Mod 2wd SCT

All were running the FactoryOne CNC Machined Ultra Shock Bushing kits! Great job!

15. AERacer

Great job :)