For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharing setup tips and tricks

Discussion in 'TC3 / TC4 / Club Racer / TC5 / TC6 / TC7.x' started by Zaphod, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Zaphod

Zaphod Member

I wanted to know if there is a good place to find setups and tuning tips for the TC6/6.1. I know there are other forums that cover it (some with load of pages of info to slog through) and I use the setups on the Team Associated site and the TA RC Cheat Sheets app on my Iphone as a starting point but I am not exactly a wizard at setup (and that is being extremely kind). Is this a good place to get a fresh start?
    Is there an easy to read guide with typical handling problems and what to do about them. There are some VERY complete guides out there but I don't really want to get a masters degree in chassis dynamics - I just want my car to go where I point it and get an idea where to look for problems when it doesn't.

2. Zaphod

Zaphod Member

At the moment my TC6 (used as a vintage car) has become very tail happy - especially under power. Normally some droop adjustment will take care of it but it didn't work in this case.
    I have a gear diff in the rear so I checked it and it had leaked down so I replaced it with a ball diff until I can get new gaskets and seals ordered and installed but still the same problem. I will rebuild the shocks before this weekend but they feel fine and nothing else has been intentionally changed.
    This setup worked good for a couple of months now on two different layouts so I must have something maintenance wise that has gone south but I haven't found it so far. Any ideas?

3. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

I'm not a onroad guy bu maybe add more rear toe in or decrease rear anti squat.

Did you check your TC6.1 manual at page 26, there are some good general tuning tips

4. Rick Hohwart

Rick Hohwart Member Factory Member

When I have a problem like this that suddenly arises, I like to go back to basics to make sure there are no binds in the suspension, the shocks are in good condition, and you have no broken, cracked, or bent parts.

5. JAKEY_AE

JAKEY_AE Member

A full car rebuild in this kind of case is usually whats done... Also have you checked your arm mounts from left to right? Sometimes you can put two different ones and this makes the car to act in all weird ways, did this once and resulted in not making the a main....

6. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

Zaphod, did you fix your TC6 problem?