• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RC8T owners???

mikey

Factory Member
tell us about your truggy...

mikey

Factory Member
do you miss it ?

mikey

Factory Member
LOL ! :D
But I have seriously considered selling my truggy as well...

mikey

Factory Member

mikey

Factory Member
It seems so, cat must have their tongue... :D LOL !

Hello I’m from the northeast too, Connecticut to be exact. I’ve race all around the area. Pin shop hobby in Oakville Ct is my home away from home and were I race and hang out mainly. I also race at Wolcott hobby Wolcott Ct, RCHR Wtby Ct.RC Madness in Enfield CT, RC hobbies and more Winsted CT, The Barn in NY, CRC in NY and RC excitement in Mass There are a bunch of tracks in my area. I have the most fun at Pin Shop hobby. I race a lot a few years ago and Traveled all over the place. I race in door carpet and dirt also. I’m a Associated guy but I like them all. I’m very happy this site is here and I’ll be using it more and more. Thanks for putting it together.

Grant

Getting ready to buy a truggy just not sure which one yet either assoc champion or mugen and gonna convert to electric. The Mugen is more initial cash but by the time I upgrade the Associated the price will be about the same......Anyone????

RC8TE man

Getting ready to buy a truggy just not sure which one yet either assoc champion or mugen and gonna convert to electric. The Mugen is more initial cash but by the time I upgrade the Associated the price will be about the same......Anyone????

Well the Mugen does have better quality thats one of the reasons why its more money . Although you will get better support for the Associated RC8TCE at tracks and online and you dont need any upgrades really inless you want to add them . Now converting it to electric do you plan on buying the nitro conversion kit or a Tekno , RC Monster ?

Grant

Well the Mugen does have better quality thats one of the reasons why its more money . Although you will get better support for the Associated RC8TCE at tracks and online and you dont need any upgrades really inless you want to add them . Now converting it to electric do you plan on buying the nitro conversion kit or a Tekno , RC Monster ?
I was going to buy the associated conversion

Grant

Tell me more about the Techno and rc monster conversion. Thank you

RC8TE man

Well il tell you this the Tekno V4 conversion kit is much more balanced than the RC8T conversion kit . The battery tray can fit up to 165mm 4s lipos it comes with high quality drivetrain axles and the chassis it looks like its 3mm . And handles and jumps better i would say than the nitro conversion kit . The downsides are the RX box is kind of small and cramped and the motor mount that comes with it is not connnected to the center diff and there for you cant use plastic spur gears. Because of the flex which causes the mesh and other things to go wack so you will need to run a metal spur gear which tell you the truth is not that bad.

But yea its about $120 for it whenever you get the money buy it !