For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc8.2e

Discussion in 'RC8e / RC8Be / RC8.2e / RC8B3e' started by william noble, Jun 6, 2012.

1. william noble

william noble Well-Known Member Factory Member

well i got one of these kits and have managed to finished the kit had a small problem with a couple shock collars but a quick call to the service department fixed it ,im still in the process of getting the esc and motor sorted out but should have it ready soon ..

2. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

What esc/motor combo you plan to use?

I like my RC8.2e,my neighbors like it too!

3. william noble

looking at a tekin 1900 set up ive had nothing but great experience with 10 th scale esc from them .ive been reading on the 1/8 scale one and it seems to be a proven winner

4. Will Dunn

Will Dunn Member

About a month ago I picked up a Tekin 1900 combo for my RC8.2e and I've been loving it :)

I wanted to get the LRP 1800kv combo but the 1800 isn't out yet for some reason :confused: I've been running LRP in all my 1/10 and have never owned a Tekin system and so far i'm definitely not regretting my choice.

5. 1bhutch

1bhutch Member

I wanna try the LRP 1800KV too. However I have a Tekin 1700kv in there right now. ESC's like new but the motor's gut some (ab)use. Might have to make the change to the LRP in 2 steps lol.

6. AERacer

Running the LRP 2200kv on 4s. So far, so good :) I LOVE the bullet connectors :)

7. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member

running a Tekin 1900 in my rc8.3e....very nice!!

8. ☆Tang62☆

☆Tang62☆ Member

motor tenshock x802 6pôles it's perfect :)

9. AERacer

I never heard of them...

10. Steven Beatty

Steven Beatty Active Member

After reading the entire 8.2 & 8.2e build threads on RC Tech, I also chose the Tekin 1900kV with the RX8. With an 18 tooth pinion, it's all the speed I need for the tracks where I run in Western PA. I'm running two Nano-Tech 5600mAh 65C batteries. I might try lighter, lower mAh batteries to see if I like it. A lot of this depends on how you drive. For me, this combo works great.

Steven

11. william noble

update ...i just got my tekin 1900 rx8 combo wahoo now i just gotta get it mounted and set up .any tekin rx8 owners have any suggestions on the safest way to shock proof the esc on the chassis to prevent any undue or unwanted issue with the esc.
    next up is the battery ..suggestions as to how many is a safe number to have for club races and the bigger event

12. Xbar1 {PR}

Xbar1 {PR} Member

Hi guys just recently bought my 8.2e and so far very happy with it. I’m here to decide which better option of Motor will fit my Car. What pinion should I try First, and thinking of Going 5-5-5 for Diff. Here in Puerto Rico the RC Tracks tend to be Dusty and loose Dirt all of them Outdoor, medium size tracks.
    This will be my ESC:
    http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=238

I haven’t decided my motor, so far my Tekins in my B4.1 and T4.1 are running perfectly.

These are the Motor Options:
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...cale-Buggy-Competition-Brushless-Motor-1900kV
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...cale-Buggy-Competition-Brushless-Motor-2050kV
    http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=240

XERUN-4274SD -2200KV

Thanks everybody for your help.

13. AERacer

Why a Xerun ESC? I never had one, don't know how good they are.

You plan to run on 4S, I would go with the Tekin 2050kv motor

14. Xbar1 {PR}

Xbar1 {PR} Member

I can get the Xerun ESC for a great price and they tend to work excellent , same specs as a known brand and works great. Also I'm planning on going with 2s batteries.

15. AERacer

I do nothing to shock proof my ESC on my 8.2e except from the double sided tape I use

As for the battery, I use Reedy 5500 4S LiPo pack, they are fine and work well. Good for a 17-18 minutes on a mid size track.

16. AERacer

I recommended you the 2050kv but the 1900kv can do well too. I think it is more a matter of preferences.... and track size.

As for the pinion, the 8.2e RTR with a 2000kv motor use a 17T pinion so I would start from there as a base setup. Your Tekin might be less or more sensitive to gearing than the Reedy motor. If your new motor still relatively cool after 10 minutes, you can add 1 or 2 teeth. This is more a trial and error situation

17. Dave Mills

Dave Mills Active Member

I run a mamba monster with 2650kv motor. Love it, heaps of power! Even nitro cars struggle to catch me down the straight.

18. Xbar1 {PR}

Xbar1 {PR} Member

Hi Everybody I went with the Tekin 1900 and for ESC the XERUN-150A. Please need help with any pinion suggestion. Thanks once again for any for your help!!!

19. Xbar1 {PR}

Xbar1 {PR} Member

Important Info:
    Run in Medium Size Tracks
    Do to the weather here in PR tends to get a little bit Dusty.

For Track size and example see this video:

20. Xbar1 {PR}

Xbar1 {PR} Member

Also Looking for and 50/50 Relation Nice controlable torque with a decent high end. Looking for consistency on the car. Also I bought the light blue kyosho springs they are on the way can anyone tell me about their benefits.