For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RC18 pictures and videos thread

Discussion in 'R/C Photos and Videos' started by AERacer, Sep 7, 2012.

1. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

Post all your RC18 pics here

2. ExtremeDSN

ExtremeDSN New Member

Lol I will soon. It hasn't arrived in the mail yet. I had the first gen many moons ago. Always liked that little truck. So I went ahead and ordered the 18T/B combo. It will be here this week. Have a castle brushless setup for it but I think I will start with the original brushed motor first. Plan to flip the rear arms. Run the shocks upside down. Get the Exo slipper setup, the dp darglink, and see where its at from there. Pics will be posted soon.

3. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

Did you get your truck?

4. ExtremeDSN

ExtremeDSN New Member

I sure did... been doing a lot of research. The draglink isn't for the gen 2. So I don't need it. I went ahead and bought a dynamite fuse brushless esc/motor setup. It was cheap and the esc will run the original brushed motor for awhile. I have put t-bone bumpers front and rear, MIP shiny CVDs all the way around. I've built the truck almost all the way but decided to order ball diffs because I don't like the planetary gear setup. Looks weak. The fuse motor is a 7000 kv. I have assoc MT tires on it right now. Ant suggestions for gearing before I drop the motor in? I thought there would be more drag with the belt setup than there is by the talk in the forums. There is a small amount but I think with a little run in it should be good. I haven't flipped the rear arms yet as I wanted to get a feel for it stock first. I have a hitec hs-85mg servo but found hat its too big and most ppl use the hs-65mg so I have ordered that servo along with a few odds and ends ( a mini revo carbon fiber wing, the front and rear ball diffs...) I also picked up a body but found that its a gen 1 that has two rear body holes instead insteab of one on the new trucks. I also have the old MT body that id like to be able to fit on it. I picked up some gpm aluminum rims for giggles to use with the stock tires as I have never been a huge fan of the dish rims.

5. ExtremeDSN

ExtremeDSN New Member

I went ahead and left the castle setup in my mini t. Its the old setup and I haven't been able to get setup for lipo cutoff. I may have to send it in to castle. I've heard they will update it with the sidewinder software for free? Not sure but that would be nice. I've managed somehow to scratch the lens on my phone camera and it leaves a big blurry spot on the pics. Looks like I will have to break out the big camera and take some pics. I haven't tried to upload anything on here yet. Is it hard? Do I have to go through another sight or if they are on my puter can I upload them directly? Thanks for the help and the interest!

6. ExtremeDSN

ExtremeDSN New Member

So how new is this site? Be kinda neat to be on the ground floor of a new forum. =) I used to have a LOT of rcs unfortunately I had a break in and almosst all of them were stolen. Even my prized supermaxx and align heli. They left me with my ofna hyper 7 pbs, my mini t, and my very first real rc the factory team rc10 t. Yes you heard it. I still have it. Hehehe. Love that truck, white plastic and all!

7. Charel

Charel Well-Known Member

What, no pictures in a picture thread... LOL this have to be remedied...

8. Charel

Charel Well-Known Member

some pics of my RC18MT
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Charel

Charel Well-Known Member

10. Charel

Charel Well-Known Member

Some more pics of the little monster.
    The wiring is not very neet but don't want to cut the original wires on the motor and esc.

11. Aaron1100us

Aaron1100us Well-Known Member

Will add pics soon. Just got my carbon conversion kit. Will be switching it over this week.

12. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member

Great pics...love the dog as well!

13. Charel

Charel Well-Known Member

Thanx, it is my brothers dog, it went ballistic when we pulled it out and kept trying to bite the tires.
    Aaron, can't wait for the pictures of your carbon chassis

14. Martijn

Martijn Well-Known Member

This reminds me of my old RC18T it also had a pretty fast motor in it. Could even de backflips :p

15. Charel

Charel Well-Known Member

Aaron, a progress report on the carbon chassis switch over please, and photos..:)

16. B3Master

B3Master Well-Known Member

Now I want an RC18. Tons of fun

17. Charel

Charel Well-Known Member

They really are.
    I think everyone must have one at least some time during their rc life.

18. Aaron1100us

Will update pics this week. Should have all parts in by Thursday :)

19. Charel

Charel Well-Known Member

Sweet.
    Cant wait.
    Good luck with the rebuild Aaron.

20. Aaron1100us

I'm adding pics to my rc18mt thread.