For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro-Line Racing - Pick-by-Kit for GT2

Discussion in 'RC10 GT / GT2' started by Jessica @ Pro-Line, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Jessica @ Pro-Line

Jessica @ Pro-Line Active Member

2. Farserpent

Farserpent Well-Known Member Factory Member

Thanks for the info!! Ask the what happen to the Crowd Pleaser GT2 body.

3. Jessica @ Pro-Line

Jessica @ Pro-Line Active Member

Unfortunately it looks like the Crowd Pleazer Cavalieri Edition GT2 body was discontinued in 2008ypically an item is discontinued due to lack of sales or lack of demand.

4. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

Gas trucks are things of the past... :(

5. Farserpent

Gas trucks aren't really things of the past, it's just that the pros are not running them anymore. That's what happened, when they stopped driving them the locals stop driving them. It's like we only do what they do, they stop we stop. Like the SC10GT no class yet, but u see what losi did they brought out the 4 wheel drive one instead of a 2WD one, they knew what they were doing. They could have easily build one from there own 2WD gas truck, they did that on purpose. They don't want to race a SC10GT that will start another rivalry. AE are not going to build a 4wheel drive SC I don't think, time will tell. The way this economy is u would think they will since it will be alot cheaper to race than any 1/8 scale. The GTs were alot cheaper to race now they force feed u into racing SC or 1/8 scale. All the best drivers in the world came from the 1/10 scale class, the GT made them.

6. tmail61

tmail61 Well-Known Member Factory Member

ROAR dropped Gas Truck from their classes some years ago. o_O

7. Farserpent

Yes, they sure did. They forced everyone to buy monster trucks!!

8. AERacer

My preferred truck is by far my GT2 but no one races them anymore. Losi and AE no more sell them as a kit anymore.

Short course trucks replaced the gas trucks. Truggies replaced the monster trucks.

9. Farserpent

If short course trucks replaced the gas trucks then why would losi make a 4 wheel drive instead of a 2wd like AE.

10. AERacer

I mean people stopped racing gas trucks and now the most popular class is often the SC class, just like gas trucks were many years ago

11. Farserpent

Why couldn't losi make a 2wd version like AE did and not a 4wd nitro? You see what they did, they knew AE had a 2wd and they did that.

12. some87

some87 New Member

You want to know why losi made a 4wd nitro sc? Well losi no longer makes the xxx nt but they do have the scte and its based off a nitro buggy chassis so how hard is it for them to just make a new engine mount, gas thank, and radio tray for a truck they make now. If they were to make a 2wd they would have to start remakeing the xxx nt parts all over again and they might not even have the molds for it anymore. For ae to make a nitro 4wd wouldn't be hard since they now have the newer prolite 4x4 but they didn't because they still make the gt2 and what else would they do with all those back stocked parts? So that what I think happened. I do think ae will come out with a 4x4 once they sell enough sc10gt's. for me tho I'm trying to get the gt class started again in my area and maybe pick up a sc10gt to run with the 2wd electric guys in my area.

13. Farserpent

That makes alot of since, I hope they make a 4x4 gas soon to compete in the 1\10gas class again. Much cheaper in this day and time.