For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Team Associated SC8.2e!!!

Discussion in 'SC8e / SC8.2e' started by AERacer, Jul 9, 2012.

1. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

2. LeeSc10

LeeSc10 Well-Known Member

Looks fun. :thumbsup:

Martijn likes this.
  3. Martijn

Martijn Well-Known Member

walking wounded and LeeSc10 like this.
  4. walking wounded

walking wounded Well-Known Member

I got my SC8E deliverwd to me last Friday, then this announcement, kind of annoyed me until I read the new power plant wasn't Castle Creations now I'll just get the .2 parts as wanted/needed. I bought the new motor mount and a heap of other FT parts today. Was kind of annoyed when I installed the billet chassis braces, the stock screws were too long, its a good thing I was doing the top plate at the same time, I used two of the screws from the stock piece for the thru chassis mounting of the chassis braces.
    Updates to follow.

5. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

So, how's your sc8e?

6. walking wounded

I love it, I replaced the MMP with a Tekin RX8, added jconcepst wheel nuts, baked off the stock rubber and installed a set of trenchers. I actually broke my track "cherry" with it on Monday. Still have to change the rear diff fluid to 2k and front to 7k. But I'm not going to do that until I get the Rc-monster shock towers that are being made next week.
    Side note, my buddy ordered one and it was delivered to me today, he'll be back from vacation tomorrow, I can't wait to bang fenders.

7. LeeSc10

LeeSc10 Well-Known Member

That's awesome to hear. :thumbsup:

8. walking wounded

shock towers are bent up, i'm really fortunate to have connected with Mike over ar RC-Monster, their new 7075 billet shock towers are starting production, and i get one of the first sets, going to meet the guys at RC Madness in CT today to pick them up.

9. walking wounded

so i convinced another friend to get one and his .2 will be here Thursday, three of these things on my indoor track will be crazy, and yet another guy is almost ready for one too, that'll make four of us, maybe enough for a class at my local track.
    oh and the RC-Monster shock towers are absolutely bombproof, total high quality product and supreme customer service over there.

10. TravisT

TravisT Member

I'm loving my sc8.2e besides the motor so being the ESC crapped out on me, decided to give the new Viper VTX8/Tekin T8 2650kv a chance. Received ALL the FT optional parts besides the Swing crank assembly along with my Tekno V4 Chassis conversion. Hope you fellas are liking your SC's as much as I am. Looks like all I need to look into are these monster shock towers.

Aravind likes this.