For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new design front skid plate. FAIL

Discussion in 'SC8e / SC8.2e / DB8' started by walking wounded, Aug 17, 2012.

1. walking wounded

walking wounded Well-Known Member

Just
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ONE lawn dart, this is my friends, not mine. Why they wouldn't extend the skid plat back a little AND make the screws clamp it to the chassis instead of just hang there I don't know. I even double sidded taped it to the chassis. The front two screws DO NOT attatch it to the chassis at all the holes are just for access to the screws. Almost a hit. Longer skid plate with screws that actually clamp it to the chassis will work. On a positive note the "wire" bumper design change has held up.
    Until they get it right, I'm going to change back to this with the new dress up bumper installed.
    [​IMG]

2. walking wounded

It's gotta be a case of AutoCAD R&D, with no field testing whatsoever. Imagine how much the tools cost for making them, the production cost of the new part and the salary of the guy thatmade this blunder. Sure it's only seven bucks, but it should be better than the last version and I shouldn't need my t-bones Truggy bash guard anymore after all the dough Associated shelled out.

3. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

At least chassis didn't bind...

4. walking wounded

Chassis bind?

5. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

bent ! sorry

6. walking wounded

Hahaha, that would give me the excuse for the RC monster chassis. Not that I want it to happen. This truck really is amazing. Anyone that has a few hundred extra bucks should get one.
    Reconditioned for $399.00 from Team Associated for the non .2 version. A heck of a deal.

7. LeeSc10

LeeSc10 Well-Known Member

Ouch. :eek:

8. Dave

Dave Well-Known Member

Im still in shock over that design. I have a Tbone front bumper on mine but I cant stand it. The grill always gets pulled over it.