For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mgt 8.0 , got one ?

Discussion in 'Monster GT 4.60 / 3.0 / 8.0' started by rick442, Jun 6, 2012.

1. rick442

rick442 New Member

i do and love it. So much power.

mikey likes this.
  2. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

I never had a 8.0 but I had several MGT 21 and 4.6 and I liked them. My original .21 MGT was my preferred for racing.

mikey likes this.
  3. crawlin

crawlin Active Member

i have one of these and its a beast. i put a huge set of 40 series wheels and pro line trenchers on it and a old hacked up sc body. its a blast to drive

mikey likes this.
  4. voxmagna

voxmagna Well-Known Member

I have the original MGT4.6(.21). One day i dragged my buddy's MGT 8.0 i got walked, no more like i was driving backwards. The 8.0 is a torque monster. :cool-21:

5. janaya

janaya Well-Known Member

I had a 4.6 MGT a couple years ago. Never really bashed it to rough except for the occasional run up and down my street and a little jumping off a ramp I made from some car ramps I got at pep boys for my full size truck. I did go as far as getting a Proline F-650 body on it with what I believe were Proline Mashers. It was fun for a while but gift board and sold it to fund other projects.

6. voxmagna

voxmagna Well-Known Member

I know that feel i used to run mines quite often at my local airport, acres of flat runway with no jumps gets old very quick. I'm lucky to have a few bash spots which I've only started visiting in the last 3 years. Again this is the MGT4.6(.21) stock block

7. Team COG

Team COG Member

Anyone know the stock needle settings on an MGT 8.0?? I think HSN is 3 turns, middle screw I believe is flush, but unsure and do not know about LSN. Thanks

8. cbaker65

cbaker65 Well-Known Member

Ive had 2 8.0 engines but cant remember a set final adjustment ,but giving that its basicly a thunder tiger engine ,
    I m basing the sets on a pro 28 4.6 ,which the Hsn was 2 3/4 . Lsn was 5 1/5 to 6 . Mid was flush.

This is not a fine tune set ,its merely the lease the settings are allowed to be set!

Theres other factors that play a roll.
    Clean fuel tank ,no air leaks.
    No leakage around cylinder head ,as in loose head screws.

9. cbaker65

cbaker65 Well-Known Member

Ive had 2 8.0 engines but cant remember a set final adjustment ,but giving that its basicly a thunder tiger engine ,
    I m basing the sets on a pro 28 4.6 ,which the Hsn was 2 3/4 . Lsn was 5 1/5 to 6 . Mid was flush.

This is not a fine tune set ,its merely the lease the settings are allowed to be set!

Theres other factors that play a roll.
    Clean fuel tank ,no air leaks.
    No leakage around cylinder head ,as in loose head screws.

10. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member