For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the rc8te still available new?

Discussion in 'RC8Te / RC8T3e' started by AutoMan911, Jun 6, 2012.

1. AutoMan911

AutoMan911 New Member

This is the truck I wanted but did not buy. I guess I figured it would always be available. I just want to bash and my rc10t4.1 Brushless has become boring because the loose dusty dirt I have to bash in does not allow me enough traction to enjoy. A friend came through town a couple of years ago with his rc8te Castle Creations and it was like a dream. Just out of my budget then.

If the rc8te is not available anymore, would the rc8be buggy be as good a basher? Or would I be better looking outside of AE for 1/8 AWD Electric basher Truggy?

Any comments are welcome. I am not very experienced in ground RC. Been 30 years in the air.

Thanks!

2. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

For bashing, nothing beats a truggy.

You can buy a RC8T Championship Edition kit (incredible truggy!) + the eConversion kit (around 100$)

3. RC8TE man

RC8TE man Well-Known Member

Yea their was a RC8TE RTR in 2009 but it came out at the wrong time so Associated stop selling it but i bet if Associated offered a RC8TCE-E as a roller with the conversion kit or a RTR it would sell here in the states for sure now since its growing here !

But yea your best bet is to get a used or new RC8TCE and get Associated conversion kit and electrics.

Truggys should make good bashers not a buggy thats for sure !

4. AERacer

Truggies are popular here but too. Sometimes I wonder why I've sold all my truggy stuff :(

5. Esequiel

Esequiel Member

Can I convert a rc8.2e into a truggy? If so what do I need.

6. AERacer

I think you'll have more chances with your question if you start a new thread

7. Esequiel

Esequiel Member

Thanks. I just don't want to buy a whole new kit. I wouldn't mine 100 bucks for a chassis. But more than 400 would be out of mind

8. AERacer

I meant starting a new thread on the forum so your question will be seen by more members :)