For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introduce yourself....

Discussion in 'New Member? - Introduce Yourself' started by AERacer, May 31, 2012.

1. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

Hey new users... We want to know who you are... :)

mikey likes this.
  2. cardinal

cardinal Well-Known Member

My name is Átila, I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

I race AE cars since 2008, but I was a basher since 1996 or so.

Currently I race a 1/8 nitro truggy (RC8T FT CE); 1/8 e-buggy (RC8Be) and 1/10 SC 2wd electric (with a SC10 FT).

I am also the co-founder of an off-road track in Rio, and I would like to invite you all to race with us anytime you come to Brazil.

Here are some pics from the track and my rides:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mikey likes this.
  3. AERacer

Hi Átila and welcome to RCTen.com

You have a really nice track and by your signature, you also have a nice collection of AE cars :)

mikey likes this.
  4. cardinal

cardinal Well-Known Member

Thanks, Sylvain, and congratulations on the forum initiative!

mikey likes this.
  5. tmail61

tmail61 Well-Known Member Factory Member

Got my first RC March 2004 from my brother, a RC10B3 which in October 2006 was given away to a kid at a race track. This was the start of "Make a RC Wish".

http://www.rcwish.com/

Built my own track in 2005, closed it and started racing locally Jan 2006. Had planed to race every other week THAT NEVER HAPPENED :) Raced every week after the first weekend, have been in 298 races so far. Much of my race history can be found here, from slot cars, moto cross to now RC.

http://www.t3t4webservice.com/

THANKS Sylvain GREAT forum!

mikey likes this.
  6. Zaphod

Zaphod Member

Hi, I'm John and I'm an RC racer. (If you're wondering if that qualifies as an addiction you can just ask my wife ;-). I live in Northern Colorado, USA and race at the E-team Hobbyplex in Fort Collins, Colorado. It's an on-road carpet track. They run road course on Wednesday night and Sunday, Oval on Saturday night, and off road on the carpet on Thursdays.
    I've got a TC6 (Vintage), a TC5 (touring), and a 12R5.1 with the chassis upgrade (1S 17.5). I didn't start RC racing until I was in my early 40s but I have been going whenever I could ever since.

mikey likes this.
  7. AERacer

Welcome to the forum John !

mikey likes this.
  8. Martijn

Martijn Well-Known Member

HI,

I'm Martijn and of course I drive RC cars!
    I live in Belgium (small country in Europe). I race my B4.1 FT in Oudenaarde at MRCO.
    Had several AE cars in the past but the B4.1 still is my favorite :D
    If you have any question you can always ask!

Martijn

mikey likes this.
  9. AERacer

Hi Martijn and welcome to RCTen.com !

mikey likes this.
  10. mikey

mikey Well-Known Member Factory Member

Hi,
    My name is Mikey and I race RC cars, I've been racing on and off since 1992. I've met a lot of friends over the years and raced on road and off road, I stick to the off road because it's more fun and cheaper for me.
    I race locally at www.dixonsrcraceway.com, if your ever in the neighborhood you all should come by and check it out. I got into this sport ( I consider RC racing a sport ) when I was 22 years old and love it ! No matter where I finish I always have fun, I'm also taking my 6 year old, Alex, with his Corr truck. I never go to a race without him.

I hope to get to meet you all some day but if not God bless you and yours,
    Mikey

11. Will Dunn

Will Dunn Member

Hi, my name's Will and I'm now in my 3rd year of RC racing :) I'm from Barrie, Ontario, Canada and I originally started racing at one of the local tracks "Elite Racing" www.rctrack.ca .

I've been in the hobby several years prior to racing but once I started going to the local tracks I was hooked like never before. I just love how immerse the hobby/sport is and how competitive it can be. Also I love meeting and have met a ton of new friends since I've been racing. RC Racing and by far my favourite hobby and I wouldn't trade it for any other!

Looks like this forum has great potential Sylvain, keep up the great work! :D

mikey likes this.
  12. AERacer

Hi Will, nice to see you here and welcome to the forum!!!

mikey likes this.
  13. william noble

william noble Well-Known Member Factory Member

hello my name is bill and i have been racing since 1985 started with an associated rc10 gold tub converted for dirt oval racing . my current stable is b4 with the +4mm upgrade tekin esc with a 10.5 ,8.2e still in progress awaiting esc and motor ,tc6 tekin 17.5 i have made so many friends over the years and keep adding more .

mikey likes this.
  14. Gundevil-81

Gundevil-81 Member

Hello all. My name is Sgt. Dusten Sims. I started out bashing a Slash in Afganistan and now own a tc5 VTA and a 4.1 buggy. So far I have been very impressed with both vehicles and may be adding even more to my collection soon.

mikey likes this.
  15. AERacer

Those little toys are addictive... :)

Welcome to the forum !

mikey likes this.
  16. GreenHell

GreenHell Member

Hi I'm Steve,

I've been in-and-out of this hobby for about 27 years. My first "hobby grade" rc car was an RC10 back in '85, at the age of ten. Did mostly on-road racing in the 80s-90s (nitro & electric), stopped racing in '96-ish. Got back into racing in late 2010 and having more fun than ever.

mikey likes this.
  17. AERacer

Welcome to the forum Steeve !

mikey likes this.
  18. B-Unit23

B-Unit23 Member

My name is Bryan, B-Unit, and I got my first bug watching a movie with Clint Eastwood. I don't remember the same of it, but it had a rc chasing Clint Eastwood. After I saw that seen I was determined to get an rc. My first rc was TYCO, not too bad (NOT) My first hobby grade rc was an exceed rc ultra (Which I still have). I slowly graduated to bigger and better things. Right now I have a RC8.2, Thunder Tiger EB4-S2(RIP), Thunder Tiger St-1, Losi 8ight 2.0(converted to a street machine and still working out the kinks) Exceed Rc (converted to electric) RC18r, RC18t2, losi micto sct, and a losi micro-t.

mikey likes this.
  19. AERacer

mikey likes this.
  20. LeeSc10

LeeSc10 Well-Known Member

Yes that is the movie. Welcome Bryan

mikey likes this.