• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

I'll give SC another chance...

AERacer

Administrator
Staff member
Factory Member
I feel like I'm missing the boat cause I'm not the biggest SC fan. SC trucks look really cool and are the buzz at some race tracks but I really don't like all the debris that get inside the chassis. This is basically what stop me from going deep into SC trucks.... Debris :)

But I decided to give SC trucks another chance. My first gen SC10 RTR is sleeping in a box in the basement for almost 2 years.

This weekend, I've ordered motor and esc, now all I have to do is wait...

LeeSc10

That's great your gonna have another go at SC. I'm not a big fan of all the debris that gets in the chassis. Have been even looking at the chassis covers for when I run on the dirt tracks. What other plans do you have for your SC?

LeeSc10

Thats cool. I have some 17mm hex 1/8 rims and tires. Maybe I might have to get that kit.

tmail61

Factory Member
Having a under tray as an option is a SC must!!

!/8 wheels don't work well on a 2wd, they are basically designed to be under power to work, when it comes to steering. With the three brands of adapters that I have used there is to much play in the rear axle that it caused axle pin to break into three parts.

One was so bad I had to trash the rear hub and axle. Nothing like throwing away half a CVD!!!

AERacer

Administrator
Staff member
Factory Member
Having a under tray as an option is a SC must!!

!/8 wheels don't work well on a 2wd, they are basically designed to be under power to work, when it comes to steering. With the three brands of adapters that I have used there is to much play in the rear axle that it caused axle pin to break into three parts.

One was so bad I had to trash the rear hub and axle. Nothing like throwing away half a CVD!!!
I don't like the under tray thing... :(

What you mean by "are basically designed to be under power to work, when it comes to steering."

They make the truck understeers, pushes in corners??

tmail61

Factory Member
Only use it when the track is wet and dirty!

1/8 buggy tires work best under power, not just rolling around a corner.

Pushes like a dump truck!!!

tmail61

Factory Member
So am I the only one here without a sc10? :/
Didn't you know you have to own a SC10 to be a rcten.com member!

KIDDING!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

AERacer

Administrator
Staff member
Factory Member
Here is what I've ordered to put my SC10 back on track. Gonna let my kid run the truck, so I went with good basic electronics

Wolfpack LiPo 6500mAh 7.4V 25C (http://www.teamassociated.com/reedy/parts/details/734/)
XP SC700-BL ESC / Reedy 540-SL 4900kV (http://www.teamassociated.com/reedy/parts/details/967/)
DS1015 Hi Torque/Hi Speed Digital Servo (http://www.teamassociated.com/parts/details/29167/)

Already installed
CVDs
FT hinge pin brace
FT motor plate
A full set of Boca Stainless Steel, Ceramic Hybrid bearings (worth more than the truck!!!)
Pro-Line Hardcore body

That's how the truck look presently. The final look will not differ much. It was a project truck I used few years ago. Only the wheels will change

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Screwie louie