For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How has been your last race?

Discussion in 'General R/C Discussion' started by AERacer, Jun 3, 2012.

1. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

Tell us how has been your last race?

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member Factory Member

First time out running RC8.2E indoor on clay track. Started Friday night club racing and ran 8 laps in main. 2 day race started Saturday and after the first qualifier I was up to 10 laps 1 lap behind the leaders. Triple A-mains on Sunday and ran well finished 5th, 7th and 5th for 6th place over all. For the first time out I had a great time, maybe next time I can figure out how to clear the double triple they had...

3. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

That's excellent for an onroad guy :) LOL

I'm sure your onroad experience helped you a lot. I raced against onroad guys and they were very fast even if this was their first offroad experience.

4. fluke

fluke Well-Known Member

oh man where do i start. my last "big" race was a year ago. it was an international 3 day event so pressure was pretty high. at that time i ran a serprnt 811 and even though i loved the car, the hub bearings were shit. arrived at the track at 7am. setup my pit with my teammate and ran the car once to check if all was in working order.it was my home track so setup was not a problem. so qualifications started at 10. we had 3 5minutes but on the second my rear bearings seized. didn't have time to change so ran the 3rd quali anyway. managed to qualify for the second semi finals. changed my bearing and off to the 30 minutes semi. about 15minutes into the semi my car was acting strange again. it would exageratly over steer to the right.thinking that it might be a pebble stuck in the steering system, i warned my pit crew and drove in for expection. all that my pitmen said was "keep running!". continued running with my handicapped car and managed to finnish 7th out of 11 (2 dnf). after the race we inspected the car and found out that all 4 bearings in the rear hubs seized, center diff beaings broke open and front left hub bearing completly destroyed to point where the only thing holding my wheel to the car was my cvd dogbone binding against the anti roll bar. that race convinced me to sell the serpent and get the associated. still proud of not finishing last with only 3 wheels with almost no power to them though :p