For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot Racing Alum Rear hubs for RC8TCE issue

Discussion in 'RC8T / RC8T3' started by RC8TE man, Sep 4, 2012.

1. RC8TE man

RC8TE man Well-Known Member

Hot Racing Alum Rear hubs for RC8TCE issue

Ok im having a issue with these hubs i sanded inside where the bearing seats around i filed around it and im using new axle couplers with new bearings and when i turn the axle it feels not that smooth like the plastic ones [​IMG]

Do i need the bearing shield on it i dont have the rubber boots on the axles.
    Im seeming to have a issue getting reponse from RCTech do you guys run these or know what to do ?

2. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

I never use the HR hubs but....

If you only insert the axle into the hub, does it feel smooth when rotating?
    What's the gap between the outter bearing and the hex?

3. RC8TE man

It doesnt feel the smoothest with just the axle in its the same with the other hub i did that was sanded down . With the bearings in and axle theres about the same gap enough clearance were the pin will go though . Im almost done with them lol im just going to buy the King Headz ones that look like there cut right and have a round circle cut like the stock plastic hubs.

4. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

Good decision :)

5. RC8TE man

Yea its weird though two guys i race with dint say any issues with them but i think there bs lol. I dont know if you noticed this but with the plastic hubs you cant really have the big bearing or the smaller bearing. In all the way because if you have one in fully all the way one bearing will pop out so there still flush but not in all the way . I dont have the dust covers on the bearings because its a PITA to get a bearing off they really can get stuck.

But no bearing failures or fast wear on the bearings that ive noticed .