For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hoosier Fuel Tank fuel line clip MOD

Discussion in 'RC8 / RC8B / RC8.2 / RC8B3.x' started by ABN Hoosier, Jul 26, 2012.

1. ABN Hoosier

ABN Hoosier Well-Known Member

I thought some of you might appreciate this "Hoosier fuel tank fuel clip MOD"...:biggrin:

I didn't have success with the "book" fuel line routing. My fuel line was too long and the pressure created was not strong enough to provide a constant/even flow of fuel to my engine. I spoke with a few people and they suggested to shorten my fuel line. By the "book" routing it around the filter, around the tank, under the side guard flap proved to make my fuel line in excess of 15 inches. I was chasing a tune and it was frustrating to say the least. I shortened the line to 7.5-8 inches and even added a fuel filter and my tune was working like it should.

The problem I had was routing the fuel line near the pipe. I tried to CA some plastic fuel line clips with no success. The heat from the pipe and fuel made the clips come undone. Plus, I just decided to change my header to the 41020 long header and it seemed my pipe was against the fuel lines. Not good. I needed a solution.

I came up with this. Shown in the pics are two larger clips for two lines. They are the fatter variety (had them in the stash). I pulled the pin out that held the fuel tank lid. Then, I drilled out the holes to run a 3mm socket head bolt through everything the pin went through (the tank and cap). You only have to make the holes slightly larger (3mm). I think you can figure out the rest from the pics.

The cap operates normally. My lines are secure and they are further away from the heat of my pipe. I like the way it turned out. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mikey likes this.
  2. ABN Hoosier

ABN Hoosier Well-Known Member

I was thinking about putting a piece of Lexan with some heat tape on the inner side and mount it between the pipe and tank maybe secured by the heads of the two socket head bolts that are holding the fuel line clips. Maybe....

Maybe to keep the fuel cooler....or, maybe not.....LOL

They are definitely LOSI :rolleyes: fuel line clips. You'll have to drill out the hole in the clip 3mm to get the bolt through too. The bolt is about 48.5mm from the top of the head to the end. I dremeled mine to clean up the look.
    [​IMG]
    LINK

mikey likes this.
  3. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

Your fuel lines look shorter, how long are they?

mikey likes this.
  4. KSBeebe

KSBeebe Well-Known Member

Hey, I like this! I'm definitely going to do this mod tomorrow. Thanks for sharing that!

Only thing I worry about is the shorter fuel line gives me less "upside-down time." I spend a lot of time in that position...hehe. A lazy turn marshall could ruin my day.

I wish they'd come out with fuel tanks with a "klunk" like the airplane folks have. Maybe I'll look into that for a project someday soon.

mikey likes this.