For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High pitch whining noise

Discussion in 'RC10 / B2 / B3 / B4.x / B5 / B5M / B6 / B6D' started by Baz345, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Baz345

Baz345 Member

So I got my b4 just yesterday an I love it! Just not sure if this sort of high pitch whining noise is normal? I considered the slipper clutch and played around with it a bit, the spur/pinion are fine. Maybe it needs some grease? At full speed it's fine just cruising it whines.

2. Martijn

Martijn Well-Known Member

3. Baz345

Baz345 Member

Hmm I'm a bit of a newbie so I think i'll leave it.

4. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

Gear mesh???

5. william noble

william noble Well-Known Member Factory Member

if it whines at low speed it likely a loose diff or slipper, to test it hold both back tires on a flat surface and peg the throttle the front tires should come up about 2 inches ,if they dont lift its too loose if the front about flips over too tight ,do set the diff to factory spec first

6. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

Front end will not lift if the diff OR slipper is loose. The best way to test the diff id to hold the rear wheels and turn the spur gear with your other hand. If the slipper doesn't slip and you can turn the spur, your diff is too loose.

Martijn likes this.
  7. Baz345

Baz345 Member

All good guys, I think it might have been my mind over exaggerating ;). just put my ripper 10.5 motor in it and can't wait to test her out !