For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G's RC Raceway in Shippensburg, PA

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by Steven Beatty, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Steven Beatty

Steven Beatty Active Member

This is from their website at: http://garlandsrccarland.com/index.html

Our Track

Our off-road track is comprised of hard packed clay with an array of obstacles The outside dimension of this track is our new track dimensions are 185' by 85' with a average lane width of 12’. We race electric, and nitro powered vehicles on this course ranging from 1/18th scale to 1/8th scale.

This 2011 season our track is different from our previous layouts. We developed our new design by listening to our customer base and visiting sites and other tracks throughout PA and the U.S.. This year we discontinued our club due to lack of interest.We offer racing and practice on our track. We use the AMB RC LAP COUNTING SYSTEM / RENTED TRANSPONDERS/ AND PERSONAL TRANSPONDERS. Individuals racing or practicing must sign in, pay, and register with a G’s associate before placing a vehicle on the track. All children must be supervised by an adult. R/C vehicles operated on a course can cause serious injury or possibly death. This is cause for child supervision. Along with child supervision there are other rules that we must follow when at G’s R/C Raceway (mentioned and agreed upon by signing the drivers agreement).

Store

G’s R/C Raceway is housed at 8826 Olde Scotland Road Shippensburg Pennsylvania right off of exit 24 (I-81). The store specializes in land r/c vehicles, by many manufacturers. Not only do we cater to our customers with sales of kits, RTR’s , accessories, hop-ups and service, but we have 2 separate tracks for our patrons to enjoy. You may find a few things cheaper elsewhere, but we pride ourselves on customer service and try to pass the savings along when we get them. We try to show our appreciation and gratitude to our customers, by offering “bought here” discounts on labor, or “club member” discounts.

Noah Racing likes this.
  2. tmail61

tmail61 Well-Known Member Factory Member

WOW!!! GREAT track!!

A clay model of a track design!!!!!!

Never thought of doing that!!!

3. Steven Beatty

Steven Beatty Active Member

I'm from Central PA but I currently live (and race) in Western PA. If I move back to Central PA, I'll really look into this track and some of the others I posted about that are near Hbg. It looks like I'd have plenty of good tracks to chose from! BTW Rev. Terrance, kudos to you on your RC Wish program for kids! It's great that you're helping kids get started in what can be a family sport. I use a wheelchair and this is a sport in which I can participate instead of only being an observer. It's the same with the kids you help.

4. tmail61

tmail61 Well-Known Member Factory Member

My wife (Gena) had Polio when she was 10 and has a power chair. One of the first things I look for when I go to a new track is it wheelchair assessable! If it's not I try to have a NICE talk with the owner(s). One guy told me he would pick my wife up and put her on the drivers stand, he is still alive!

Found this out last night, Finn, the kid that got the RC. Has been to the track 5 times in the past 7 days! He was saving he's allowance to get a RC!!!!! Wonder what he's saving for now!!! :D