For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel...

Discussion in 'General R/C Discussion' started by mikey, Jun 9, 2012.

1. mikey

mikey Well-Known Member Factory Member

In the last couple of months I had bought 8 quarts of O'Donnell Speed Blend 30% fuel, I switched from Side Winder 30% which was pretty good fuel just hated re-tuning my motor every other fuel bottle ( 500 cc ) so I tried the Speed Blend. I had a curious response from a motor guy that really knows his business that not to use Speed Blend, it had too little oil in it. So he recommended Werks 30%.
    Have any of you heard similar rumors or stories about Speed Blend ?
    Please post any thing you have heard...

2. mikey

...well I think that it will take some time to get a responce about fuel so I'll wait...

3. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

I'm not a fuel expert but I know it takes a minimum of castor oil to seal bearings, at least that what engines gurus say... :)

According to Tower, Speed Blend has 7.5% of lubricant. They don,t say if this is castor oil or synthetic.

And from I've heard, Werks or Byrons are the two best fuel to use.

4. mikey

thanks a lot Sylvain, I will order some Werks 30% as soon as possible.

5. LowEndBasher

LowEndBasher Active Member

i use morgen fuel . there like 40 miles away. what she told me was that speed blend is a use at own risk. so what i got from them is its good fuel but a bad tune job may gut ya. so i feel that if your a sponcered racer who dont pay for the motors out of your own pocket well you know the rest. big time fuel for big time racers who run lean and mean.