• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ESC suggestions

NioNai

So my ESC fried today after I got the diff put back together, but I figured it was happening since it was giving me problems for awhile now.

wanting to know a good suggestion for a ESC that will run cool, or even a combo with a 3900kv motor.

I've been looking at some and reading a bit and found out the Stock RS SC700-BL is pretty much garbage. Found that castle and mamba are supposed to be pretty good upgrades from stock.

wanted to know if changing these parts out though would be against most regulations for a track day.

Martijn

Friend of my drives a sc10 and he uses the Mamba V2 Sidewinder
I think Castle makes esc specific for shortcourse
Have a look on their site :)

LeeSc10

Just checked into that, how would the 4900kv motor combo be with that?
I think it would work great. My 5700kv is a little to much. But in the open it rips. :D I'm thinking of getting a 4900kv for racing when it starts in the winter.

NioNai

I think it would work great. My 5700kv is a little to much. But in the open it rips. :D I'm thinking of getting a 4900kv for racing when it starts in the winter.
Thanks, I'll call up my local shop and see if they have it in stock by chance. If not I'll see if they can order it.

AERacer

Administrator
Staff member
Factory Member
5700kv ??? That's a lot of power.... ;)

LeeSc10

Did you have issue to keep the rear end planted and straight on full throttle accelerations?
Not really on my carpet track. But on the dirt track it gets squirrely pretty easily. Just have to use some good throttle comtrol.

tmail61

Factory Member
Do you have dogbones or cvd's?

cvd's helps as you come out of a corner.

===

CVD or BONES!!! by Charlie Perez

Typically I will run CVDs to start with everywhere. Switching to "bones", which will tend to make the rear end behave as if you are running a softer spring. Sometimes this is a good thing and yields better bump handling....sometimes it will cause you to go over the line and your rear suspension will not center-up....thus a loss in ability to accelerate straight.

Most of the guys don't try the bones except on blue groove or extremely bumpy tracks that still have pretty good traction. Then the loss in acceleration stability isn't as much as the gain in grip for the bumps.

If you put your bones on and the car won't accelerate straight on corner exit, then go back to CVDs. This case typically happens on lower grip tracks with a dusty top layer.

Sometimes, you can run a silver rear spring and put on dog-bones and the rear will get more hooked up....but if you put on greens, then you'll need to go back to CVDs to get it to handle properly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Screwie louie