• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Completing B64D Build

Kraig

Do you plan to race it at all or are you just going to be having fun with it?

I race my B64D and there is one part that I would recommend you replacing even if you are just having fun with it. It is ASC92103 B64 FT Aluminum Steering Rack.

Now for the other things needed to complete.
For radio, most mid level radios today allow for more than one model to be stored on it which means you can use the same radio for more than one car. So purely from a racing standpoint, the Sanwa (Airtronics) MT44 is a good choice and is something that I have seen popping up at the track more and more.

The speed control recommendation will depend on the motor you run. Hobbywing V3.1 seems to fit the bill no matter what motor you run in the car. Then you can move up from that and go with the Hobbywing XR10 or the Reedy Blackbox 510R. Keep in mind that all three of these speed controls need an additional box or interface to be able to adjust them. If that is a problem, then perhaps the Reedy 1000z is a better alternative but I would be careful what motor is used with it.

For servo, I would recommend something strong as in the 150 ounce range for Torque at 6 volts. Speed wise, if you are racing, something in the .1 - .13 second range. If just having fun then you probably don't need something that fast but I wouldn't go to far away on the torque.

The pinion gear, battery, motor, tires, and wheels will be dependent on what you are planning on doing with the car. If you can let us known your intentions we can offer suggestions.

Shifty

The pinion gear, battery, motor, tires, and wheels will be dependent on what you are planning on doing with the car. If you can let us known your intentions we can offer suggestions.
Hiya, thanks for the reply, Currently it will be used on tar, carpet and possibly astro. I will not be racing it as there is no race club in my state :( which is what im trying to change. possibly in a year or so I may race it but for now it will be used to show off in public areas in the hope to lure interest etc if you catch my meaning.

Kraig

Sorry I was away for the weekend.

I guess your choice of speed control will depend on what motor you want to use. If you go towards the higher end speed controls then you don't need to worry about what motor you go with. Right now, in the U.S., 13.5 and open modified are the biggest classes, for racing purposes. In Australia, I have been told they run 17.5 motors in their cars as a class. Keep in mind, if you go with a lower turn motor, then you will need to go with a smaller pinion so you don't overheat the motor. Personally, I am running a 78 spur with a 26 tooth pinion and a 13.5 motor. I would also suggest a 30x30mm fan to blow on your motor too since this will help keep it cool.