For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carpet Tires

Discussion in 'Tires and Wheels Section' started by LeeSc10, Jun 9, 2012.

1. LeeSc10

LeeSc10 Well-Known Member

Not sure how many run on carpet but up here in the winter thats all I got. :D
    So my question is what is a good tire for running on carpet? Do you run the same fronts as the rear?

2. Martijn

Martijn Well-Known Member

Schumacher mini pins and staggers on the front that's what I use on my B4.1

you could also use mini pins on the front but you'll have to much steering then

3. tmail61

tmail61 Well-Known Member Factory Member

Top Poster Of Month

Depends on the carpet :) Have two local carpet off road tracks, one has the good stuff (don't know the brand) and the other the CHEAPer stuff.

Schumacher are THE tires on the good carpet here. I only race there every six months (if the outdoor tracks are rained out) so I don't have Schumacher tires, so I don't finish well, I don't even make the A-main!!!!!

In the Track/Club section USA/Florida >> FIRCC and Tampa RC Track

4. LeeSc10

LeeSc10 Well-Known Member

The track here has the good stuff so I was told. Been there once but haven't run on it yet.

5. tmail61

tmail61 Well-Known Member Factory Member

Top Poster Of Month

Schumacher tires do NOT come with inserts!!

Schumacher Tire Chart
    www.racing-cars.com/downloads/eigthTYREchart.pdf

This is from A-main

This is a set of two Schumacher "Mini Pin" Short Course Tires, in Yellow (soft) compound. The Mini Pin tire is a good all around tire, but is an excellent choice for Astroturf and Carpet surfaces. This aggressive tire offers maximum traction, and the tire can be tuned by trimming pins to reduce bite. You can also mix compounds, using a hard tire on the front and a soft tire on the rear to help with aggressive oversteer or a loose handling condition, or a soft tire on the front and a hard tire on the rear to help with excessive understeer or a tight handling vehicle.

Schumacher Tire Compounds:
    • Blue: The hardest available, a general purpose, hard wearing compound.
    • Yellow: Soft Compound. The racers choice! The benchmark tire compound for all others to try and beat. Excellent choice for dry conditions.
    • Silver: Super Soft Compound. The ultimate dirt/dust tire