For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brought my son's RC10T to the lhs and said what would it take to get this running again?

Discussion in 'RC10 T / T2 / T3 / T4.x / CT4.2 / T5M' started by Mongolian Mudsucker, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Mongolian Mudsucker

Mongolian Mudsucker Member

The truck was my son's bought new in 1996 for Xmas, he used it for a while but never really caught on when the Hobbytown shop closed a while later. I asked the lhs 2 years ago to tell me what it would take to get it up to date. After pulling out numerous esc's and brushless motors and 2.4g receivers and new transmitter etc, it was well over $300. He loved the truck since it was in mint condition except servo and the ceramic throttle bar (ceramic block with copper strips at intervals on it), he was interested in buying it. I said no it had a lot of memories. He introduced me to a used Rustler vxl-3 with velinion and three nimh batts for $200. Well since that day I have spent well over $3000 on many rides and even won my first SC-10 kit in a raffle for $20. Well another $300 later for motor and esc and tires etc, and numerous upgrades, I now have a pretty nice truck!

2. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

I also own a RC10T, mine is from the very first gen. I would never sell it.

You seem to be addicted by R/C :) Welcome to the forum Mongolian Mudsucker!

Mongolian Mudsucker likes this.
  3. Mongolian Mudsucker

Sort of, I am 100% disabled, retired Marine and in 2007 I realized that I could no longer work a fulltime job. I was reinjured big time in 2001 and then surgeries and enough nerve damage to make it so I could not perform my duties in my post USMC world. Hard to get a handle on it all after being a very physical person. Started target shooting again, allowing me to focus and block out distractions, then continued with some minor woodwork I always did, then decided to do something about my son's RC10T as mentioned above. Met a great group of racers/drivers in Wilmington, NC at Riptide Raceway (on Facebook) and haven't looked back. It is hard for me to do it at times or to work on the intricate parts of a car but the help and advice and assistance has been awesome. I haven't laughed as much on the Saturdays and/or Sundays we run in just plain old years and years. Great fun and a good challenge! It is a reason to get up in the morning at times.

4. Mongolian Mudsucker

Time to check out/log off/ sign off f99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999, oops, too tired, Good Night all!!!!!!!!!!

5. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

So, did you run your truck?

6. Mongolian Mudsucker

I have all the parts to upgrade but I just kind of want to keep it as it is at present - good memories with my son and myself from when he was 11.

7. Mad-Max

Mad-Max Member

Well put it on the shelf and buy yourself a branny new T4.1.
    I,m a retired diabled Vietnem Vet myself ..
    Later
    Al

[​IMG]

8. tmail61

tmail61 Well-Known Member Factory Member

Have a T2 that I take to "Vintage Gatherings" .

You could start a "Vintage class" at your track.

(corrected spelling of Vintage)

9. Mad-Max

Mad-Max Member

What is a "Vantage Gatherings" ?

10. tmail61

tmail61 Well-Known Member Factory Member

MISSED spelled Vintage as Vantage!!!!!!

No RC's newer than 2004. Gather at a track for FUN racing, no timing. Lots of OLD RC's and LOTS of talk!!!

Go here for more info >>> www.rc10talk.com

At one gathering I seen a early control made with a slot car control for the throttle!!!

11. RCDENNY34

RCDENNY34 Well-Known Member

I too have an old RC10T and there is no way I would sell it I love the old vintage looking 10t it looks good on the self next to my kyosho stinger and taymia grasshopper funny thing is the 10t is the only one running at the moment LOL. but the stinger will live again before spring that's me new winter project.