• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Basis Shock Track Test

tmail61

Factory Member
Basis Shock Track Test

(in part by Jack Johnson in Radio Control CAR ACTION June 1995)

===

Drive your car AND watch it!!!

===
PACK
>> is the rate at which the shock reacts to any quick, sharp compression.
How quickly the oil can pass through the piston.

===

Rear:

IF the rear of your car seems to hop when driven over small holes and ruts the rear shocks have to much pack.

Change to pistons with bigger holes AND use heaver oil to achive the same damping.

IF the rear of your car seems to bounces when driven in the ruts because the chassis is bottoming out, the rear shocks don't have enough pack.

Change to pistons with smaller holes AND use lighter oil to achive the same damping.

Front:

The pack is adjusted according to how the car jumps.

IF the car jumps with the nose down the shocks don't have enough pack.

Change to pistons with smaller holes AND use lighter oil to achive the same damping.

IF the car jumps with the nose up.

EITHER the chassis is bottoming out and then springing up because of too little pack,
OR the suspension arms aren't moving much and the front is popping up because
there's too much pack in the front.

Last edited:

Martijn

There is a graph wich compares the big bores and small bores, I think it's somewhere on Petitrc

RCevolution100

The big bore .2 shocks seem to be the way to go but has anyone compared them to the proline power stroke shocks?

AERacer

Administrator
Staff member
Factory Member
The big bore .2 shocks seem to be the way to go but has anyone compared them to the proline power stroke shocks?
I think there is no comparison to do between AE BB shocks and PL shocks

tmail61

Factory Member
They have one thing in common, IF you use the same brand of shock oil! :biggrin:

JMoon Modeler

PL shocks are excellent don't get me wrong but I can't understand why someone would replace the BB with anything else
I have not seen the Pro-Line Shocks you are referring to. I went from the normal VR Shocks that come with the 4.2 RTR to the Big Bores and it was like night and day. Love the Big Bores!
They should just make them standard "stock" shocks at this point. Thanks Tmail for that info to start the thread!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Screwie louie