For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B4 Aluminum Steering Bellcranks

Discussion in 'RC10 / B2 / B3 / B4.x / B5 / B5M / B6 / B6D' started by Xbar1 {PR}, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Xbar1 {PR}

Xbar1 {PR} Member

Is anyone using this Avid or any other brand part? How much does your steering, response time has improve ? Any real benefits ?

Thanks everybody for your feedback

2. Martijn

Martijn Well-Known Member

I'm not using the Avid steering ranks, it's a bit expensive..
    I just glue the 2 parts that are compresses together with the spring :)

3. Blake Lirette

Blake Lirette Member

The steering is much better and more consistent than with a glued servo saver. I wouldn't get the rack without a strong metal gear servo and I still use the plastic servo horn as the weak spot. You can also tighten the entire assembly up more with the rack reducing slop in the steering. I feel it was well worth the money.

4. Xbar1 {PR}

Xbar1 {PR} Member

I use the following Servos:

T4 using a Savox SC-1258TG .08 166oz

and

B4 Using a Hitec HS-7965MG Digital Servo .10 140 oz

Both are digital please let me know if it would handle the Avid.Thanks Blake and Martijn for your feedback.

5. Blake Lirette

Blake Lirette Member

Both of those will be fine. And another thing. I have added a second weak spot to my steering. I use the roll bar cups on my servo horn, ASC8828. Been on for a few weeks with no troubles. This also makes it easier to work on the front end because you can unscrew the steering instead of popping it off. I have broken two servo horns, I am not the best driver, but that is better than a servo.

6. tmail61

tmail61 Well-Known Member Factory Member

Have been racing B4 and T4 for six years Sc10 for two and a half and have never had a steering problem. The team drivers don't use these types of parts, if they don't use them I don't see a need for them. Just my 2 cents.

7. Martijn

Martijn Well-Known Member

You can always start glueing the 2 parts together. It will be the cheapest way :D

8. tmail61

tmail61 Well-Known Member Factory Member

Never have glued the servo saver together, put a couple more washers in the bottom and your good.

9. Blake Lirette

Blake Lirette Member

Maifield is using the Avid rack. There was a picture a while back on another forum. And all of the fast drivers where I live swear by it and not at it.

10. Xbar1 {PR}

Xbar1 {PR} Member

Everybody 100% recommended the car is more responsive in turning really this product its great.

Martijn likes this.
  11. chase1472

chase1472 New Member

I have been using the AVID. It seem to liven up the steering allowing it to be more responsive.