For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone doing the RC8.2e to SC10.2 4x4 conversion?

Discussion in 'SC10 4x4' started by Steven Beatty, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Steven Beatty

Steven Beatty Active Member

I was wondering if anyone was having any luck or running into problems with their local track with running these SC10 conversions. I don't know if this belongs in the RC8.2e forum or this one or some other forum.

mikey likes this.
  2. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

I guess they are not allowed on most tracks. SC rules are strict. At most tracks, you can't run 1/8 buggy wheels on SC truck, I doubt they will let people run RC8.2 converted to SC10

They are super nice tho!

mikey likes this.
  3. Steven Beatty

It looks like a new company called K2RC is creating a new 4x4 short course truck called the XSCT. It is based on (and using most parts from) the XRay 808 although the might be three different versions, based on levels of what the kits include. One version will allow existing 808 owners to convert. It's supposed to be ROAR legal as it uses custom CVDs & CNC machined arms to be within the 296mm max width. Since the kit will be commercially sold as a 4x4 SCT, it's supposed to be legal in this regards. I understand it will be expensive tho. I wonder if it's a matter of time before some company starts producing and marketing a commercially available SC10 4x4 kit based on the RC8.2/RC8.2e. Time will tell!

mikey likes this.
  4. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

Any picture???

mikey likes this.
  5. Steven Beatty

There doesn't seem to be a way of posting images from my hard drive here. I could only find options to post a URL to an image or to media on Facebook, YouTube, etc. By Googling "XSCT", I found several 808 based prototype images at http://www.liverc.com/news/new_products/1751-Behind_the_scenes_of_the_new_K2RC_Xray_XSCT!/ from 2/17/2012.

Here is K2RC's latest update posted by anonymous on RCT on 6/20/2012:

Firstly thank you for your patience. It has been a long, hard road for us as well. I am typing this from my cell phone, in an airport, during a layover on my way to the ROAR Nats. I can't login to RCT for some reason so I am having anonymous post via email for me. This was the first opportunity away from the shop to sit and put into words the events as they have unfolded over the past few months.
    Upon the original release of the xsct we were informed that XRay would not be supporting us with parts. Considering the obvious dollar to be made on, at the time, soon to be unavailable parts we found XRay's decision to be quite a shock. They discontinued the one achilles heel to the entire project... the cvds.
    Since that announcement to us we have been frantically searching for an alternate manufacturer. After months of researching and hundreds of phone calls a suitable manufacturer was located, prototypes made and that hurdle conquered.
    With the cvd issue solved we turned our attention to the suspension arms. The arms will be cnc machined units. The first production prototypes are being cut as of this writing and should be in our hands within a week and a half.
    At that point the decision had to be made to either encompass the new XB9 or continue with what we had and source a chassis manufacturer. The decision was made to incorporate the XB9. So over the course of the past two weeks WBD has reworked the drawings and a new platform was born. However, we felt the need to retain the older drawings for those who have an older version. So we will be offering three kits.
    2011 808 conversion
    XB9 Conversion
    XB9 based kit
    With all that being said I would like to apologize for the lack of recent information. We felt it best to continue to push forward in an effort to bring a better product to market. So at this point we can officially say the XSCT is back on track and trusted release information will be coming soon. As soon as the arms hit my desk and one of the prototypes does some track testing we will be able to give an accurate production time frame.
    Lastly to all the haters, naysayers and otherwise. Prepare for the onslaught. A new generation of legal sct is finally just around the corner.
    Wes Brown - engineer
    Kurt Kellum - owner
    K2RC

It looks like the three options will be:
    1. Buy an older XRay 808 buggy and buy the K2RC 808 Conversion Kit
    2. Buy XRay's latest buggy, the XB9, and the K2RC XB9 Conversion Kit
    3. Buy an entire XB9 based kit from K2RC
    I've been seeing unofficial prices being batted around in the $800-$1,000 range but no one knows for certain until K2RC releases their kits. The K2RC website only shows that it's under construction. I imagine it's hard to find time to do everything in a startup. The #1 priority for them is to actually get the product into production.

mikey likes this.
  6. outlawrc

outlawrc Active Member

I have done it way before AE came out with the SC10 4x4
    In Germany we have a max width of 300mm and with the SC8.2 wheels you can make the RCSC8 DMC (like ROAR)
    legal. In the beginning i was driving 3S, went successful to 2S and today back to 3S
    Best motor so far is the Castle 1410 1Y 3800KV on 2 and 3S

The car is being used mainly on my "home track" @ http://www.rc-glashaus.de

[​IMG]

Here are some pictures of the "evolutions"

current setup on 3S

[​IMG]

2S setup

[​IMG]

And this is a picture of my buddys RC8 with the SC10 body on top, back in 2009
    This picture was the initial "kick off" for the project

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  7. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Well-Known Member

And my one is almost the same !

[​IMG]

outlawrc likes this.
  8. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Well-Known Member

with body it looks like this :

[​IMG]