For only 9.99$/year you can upgrade your account to RCTen Factory Team Member. Click for all benefits.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airborne Hoosier's RC8T E Tekno

Discussion in 'RC8Te / RC8T3e' started by ABN Hoosier, Jul 24, 2012.

1. ABN Hoosier

ABN Hoosier Well-Known Member

Well, thought I would post some pics of my fresh off the setup station Electric Truggy. I went to the track Saturday and ran my SC10 4x4 and my RC8.2

The Truggy class was mixed Nitro and Electric, which in my opinon the advantage heavily favored the electrics. 10 min main, electrics have way more torque and speed for the new technical/smaller layout. So, I decided to break the E Trugg off the shelf and apply some setup similarities from my buggy. I attached my setup sheet. Tell me what you guys think on the set-up. It's a beast...:sneaky:

-Hoosier

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. LeeSc10

LeeSc10 Well-Known Member

Very nice. :thumbsup:

You should make a thread about you SC10 4x4.

3. ABN Hoosier

[​IMG]

I will. I have to break it down to show a lot of the Mods. I am going to work on a SC104x4 thread and RC8.2 thread also.

ps: just noticed my left rear camber link end is wrong....doh!

4. LeeSc10

LeeSc10 Well-Known Member

Sweet deal. My next R/C I think is going to be a Sc10 4x4.

5. Martijn

Martijn Well-Known Member

Looks very nice!
    Btw, you watched average joe when he explained what parts he takes with him of he goes racing because I see you are also using a guitar stand :p

6. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

Nice truggy you have there :)

7. str8AEracer

str8AEracer New Member

looking real nice Ron!!! Let me know the next time you run and Ill bring mine out as well.

Smitty

8. ABN Hoosier

SaTURDay Brother!

9. RC8TE man

RC8TE man Well-Known Member

Nice man ! Yea i run the Tekno V4 conversion also i run alum chassis braces front and rear since my track is pretty smooth now. Im looking at using 37/12 w in the rear shocks compared to 35w which is to light for the rear it bottoms out and rolls into the corners a bit much . And its been hot as hell here in the Northeast . Im running 40w f/silver spring/stock pistons how to do you like the bronze springs front and rear that would seem pretty stiff .

Heres the track i race at .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UUs0wpEFnZXLEtjBlbUAPdAg&v=g2H0ihYN1J8

10. ABN Hoosier

TC5 man, whattup dude! Track looks very loamy, dusty, and a lotta fun! I will be running a new indoor track here in El Paso. We are building it right now. Very smooth, high bite red clay. So I will be adjusting my set-ups bigtime....

11. RC8TE man

RC8TE man Well-Known Member

Yea that day it was hot and pretty humit/ high winds it was hard to keep the moisture in the track even if it was sitting to soak the water in it was watered three times but the wind gust would just dry it kinda of fast lol. Fun though its not real loamy actually it used to be i was watching like crazy to get rear side bite that day by changing to the lower hinge pin hole on the hubs / standing the rear shocks into the lower holes which made it worse so i went to the outside hole on the rear arms and it started to work much better. My soft City Blocks at least on the rear were slide city on that day usually they hook up great there ! So the I-Beam rear/City block front i tryed for the main race which is in the vid i posted worked the best ! I was the neon Green body RC8T on the vid ingore the couple of times i crashed lol :laugh:

12. marcus richard

marcus richard New Member

one of your rear rod ends is upside down

13. ABN Hoosier

yep.....:biggrin:

14. horbeme

horbeme Member

how did you setup your chassis that way, I never seen this configuration. is this custom or did you use a kit? I have the original RC8Te and I like your setup