• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

AE RC8 misc setups

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Factory Member
Post all your setups and manuals here....

Don

Factory Member
There is a misprint in the manual for the shocks...it shows washers at the bottom of shock boots, they are not used in the 8.2's.

mikey

Factory Member
and that explains a great deal. I thought the Chinese forgot to put them in box. So I made my own and didn't even need them...

AERacer

Administrator
Staff member
Factory Member
and that explains a great deal. I thought the Chinese forgot to put them in box. So I made my own and didn't even need them...

ahaha no they didn't...

It is just a copy/paste mistake :)

mikey

Factory Member
oops :D

mikey

Factory Member

jhunt12

Hey does anyone know what the setup was that Mafield ran this last weekend at the Clash?
I have a race with similar surface and just wanted to see what his setup look liked compared to mine.
Thanks Jason

AERacer

Administrator
Staff member
Factory Member
Hey does anyone know what the setup was that Mafield ran this last weekend at the Clash?
I have a race with similar surface and just wanted to see what his setup look liked compared to mine.
Thanks Jason

I just found this picture... No setup sheet at this moment...

jhunt12

Never been but it always seems to be a little bit bigger pin to be a good choice. maybe Blockades in M4 always seems to be a good choice for the style of track. Also maybe tazzers would be a good choice so you can get the extra forward bite if you need it also in M4.
Hope that helps.
Jason

Carlos cruz

Never been but it always seems to be a little bit bigger pin to be a good choice. maybe Blockades in M4 always seems to be a good choice for the style of track. Also maybe tazzers would be a good choice so you can get the extra forward bite if you need it also in M4.
Hope that helps.
Jason
Hope that helps.
Jason
Thanks for the reply appreciated

jhunt12

I think this is to free the diff but I never tried it. There are 2 black o-rings per outdrives, maybe he just use one on each side.

I prefer to have all the orings and keep oil in the diffs ;)
they leave the oring out because it does free the diff up to a point some people claimed that it went from feeling like 7k to 5k just by taking the oring out. In my findings the diff actually didnt leak from when i tried it and it didnt make that much of a noticeable difference on the track.
Jason

jhunt12

thats a great way to free them up to only time i dont do that is if i am on a very high bite track.
Jason