1. Welcome to RCTen - Team Associated Forum. We are an online community dedicated to Team Associated and Reedy products. Please, take few seconds to register and join the #1 Team Associated community on the web.

Facebook user? Click to sign up with your Facebook account

rc8.2e upgrades

Discussion in 'RC 8e / 8Be / 8.2e' started by Grant, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member

I was at the track and was looking at a rc8.2 with all the new upgrades on it. I asked him about them because I was considering them for my buggy and he told me not to follow the nitro setup for my electric. I'm curious what upgrades would be beneficial for my Factory Team RC8.2e?
  2. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

The plastic rear hub carriers are strong and I never broke one but I think the aluminum ones will add a little more "peace of mind".

I only added an aluminum servo horn on mine.... Once again for "peace of mind" !
  3. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member

I added those 2 plus springs and shock pistons. I was curious if the new front hub & caster blocks set up was worth the cost or the Ghea C&D plates too
  4. william noble

william noble Member Factory Member

only up grade i need at this time is serious track time due to all this rain mother nature is dumping on us here in florida i have not had a chance to get any run time yet on my new buggy.
  5. guppy

guppy New Member

i have done the front hub and caster setup and it tames the steering down alot. i think it was worth the money. i have also done avid rc steering arm and rear pivot pills (lot cheaper than ghea c and d plates). i have also done the kyosho light blue spring a nice up grade as well.
  6. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member

Just got my new hubs and caster upgrade....went to run it and my on off switch broke so I haven't got to run it yet. I also installed the UpGrade vortex wing
  7. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member

Ran my buggy with the new front hubs and new caster c-hub carriers and really like it. I really noticed more low speed steering and it really calmed the car down.
  8. AERacer

AERacer Administrator Staff Member Moderator Factory Member

You mean the vertical caster blocks?
  9. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member

Yes I meant caster blocks